Tag Archives | Lawyer

Attorney Eneida Roman – "My Husband Was Married To Two Women At The Same Time…"

QUESTION: I got a divorce back in 2005. I just found out about a home that my ex-husband bought during our marriage. He had two kids during our marriage with another woman and he and the other woman got the house as a couple. Since he was married to me and married to her, could […]

Attorney Eneida Roman – "How Can I Get Custody Of My Boyfriend's Children Who Aren't Mine?"

QUESTION: Hello Ms. Roman. I’ve been with my boyfriend for 12 years. He has 3 children, 2 of whom live with us. For the past 5 years we’ve had many disagreements that have made me want to leave. The only thing holding me back is the children, though. I’ve raised them as my own and […]

Attorney Eneida Roman – "Can I Receive Child Support From A Man Who Doesn't Have A Social Security Number?"

QUESTION: I have a one-year-old son and his father left me when I was 8 months pregnant. I was wondering if it’s possible to put a child support order on him if he doesn’t have a valid social security number? ATTORNEY ROMAN’S ADVICE: The first thing you need to do is establish paternity. You want […]

Attorney Eneida Roman – “Can I Get Child Support From My Daughter’s Father But Not Allow Him To See Her?”

QUESTION: Hi. I’m 19-years-old and I have a daughter who is 16-months-old. I wanted to know if there is such thing as putting her father on child support but not allowing him to see her? ATTORNEY ROMAN’S ADVICE: Parents have rights and obligations with their children. They first have the obligation to care and protect […]

Attorney Eneida Roman – “How Can I Help My Boyfriend Get Papers So I Can Marry Him?”

QUESTION: I want to marry my boyfriend but he does not have papers. I’m scared of him having problems with immigration. I want to help him get papers but I don’t know how to do it. What can I do? ATTORNEY ROMAN’S ADVICE: Right now there have not been any immigration laws that protect undocumented […]

Attorney Eneida Roman – “How Can I Get Full Custody Of My Son If His Father Lives Out-Of-State?”

QUESTION: I want to get full custody of my son but his father lives out-of-state. What can I do? ATTORNEY ROMAN’S ADVICE: This will depend on whether or not you are married or were ever married to the father. It also depends on what the custody arrangement is now. You might want to go to […]