Archive | Erika Castillo, Esq. – Lawyer RSS feed for this section

Attorney Erika Castillo – “How Can I Get The Court To Overturn A Guardianship Order?”

QUESTION: I have a real problem. My husband has three children from a previous marriage and Children Services removed two of the three children from their mom due to negligence. The two children were placed with my husband’s adoptive parents, because at the time he had no stable home to take them in. His adoptive […]

Attorney Erika Castillo – “Can I Get Visitation Rights To See My 2-Year-Old Step-Sister While Our Father’s In Jail?”

QUESTION: I’m a 15-year-old girl and I live with my younger brother. However, I have 3 half siblings from my father. My father is currently in jail but wants all of us to stay in touch. My older brother and sister have no problem with this since they are 15 and 16, both wishing to […]

Attorney Erika Castillo – “Can My Daughter’s Stepfather Legally Adopt Her?”

QUESTION: My daughter wants her stepfather to adopt her. On her birth certificate she has my last name while her father’s side is blank. What steps do I need to follow in order to get her adopted? Thank you. ATTORNEY CASTILLO’S ADVICE: Adopting a child is a legally binding agreement to take over the responsibility […]

Attorney Erika Castillo – “Can I Get Full Custody Of My Kids Since Their Father Will Be In Jail For 16 Years?”

QUESTION: I am a single mother of a 5-year-old boy and a 6-year-old girl. Their father has been in jail for 5 years now. He will be serving 16 years for sexual abuse of a minor. Can I get full custody of my kids and get their last name changed? ATTORNEY CASTILLO’S ADVICE: In order […]

Attorney Erika Castillo – “Can I File For A Divorce & Sole Custody If My Husband Fled The Country?”

QUESTION: I am married to someone from Mexico and I have lived my whole life in Florida. He fled the country due to police being after him for serious charges. I have recently found out he has been cheating on me this whole time. Is there any way for me to file for divorce and […]

Attorney Erika Castillo – “Do I Need To Get Permission From My Soon-To-Be Ex Husband To Move To Another State With My Kids?”

QUESTION: I live in Florida but I’m originally from Michigan. If I file for divorce in Florida, will I have to seek legal permission from my husband/soon-to-be ex, to move back to Michigan with our 2 children? I have no family here and my only option, should we divorce, would be to move back to […]